Thursday, May 10, 2012

Who's Better?

We previewed the defensive tackles but the big question is who has a better DT unit, the Spartans or the Wolverines? I think this is a pretty interesting position group as it is likely both team's biggest question mark on defense heading into the season.

Both teams have upperclassmen who have yet to live up to hype and DE's moving inside to play defensive tackle. Both teams replace big time production. It's difficult to give the edge to one team over the other at this position. Whereas MSU likely has more depth and bodies that they can throw in there, Michigan has guys who I believe have more potential (higher ceiling). How all that will translate into production is a tough question to answer. I don't think I'm being too much of a homer in saying...

Round 1: Defensive Tackles Slim edge to Michigan.

4 comments:

  1. Grr Ipad not allowing any formatting. It looks great when I type it out and then when I post it it takes out all the paragraph separations and looks terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I disagree. if I have to pick I'd go Michigan. But this is a push in my mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say this is the biggest question mark for both teams. No one on either team has proven anything or had much pt. Will Campbell has had the most experience, and the results have been largely underwhelming. I will say MSU's group will be more productive because the quality of their de's will take the attention of the opposition's o linemen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. without a doubt our DE's should open it up in the middle for the DTs

      Delete