Friday, November 4, 2011

Menage a Trois

diddly diddly diddly SWAG

Ok.  I have come to terms with it.  I am an exceptionally mediocre blogger when it comes to the middle of week.  And I am terrible when it comes to predicting my three things.  However, I like my women how I like my game predictions three at a time. 

1: QB Play

How does Kirk respond?   Cousins had a MI-ddle of the pack, CH-allening, I-diotic play calling, G-igantic stink fest, AN-noying to watch as a fan when I know the level we should be playing at - quarterback play.  We will just leave it at that.  Gray is the key here.  MSU needs to key in on him.  The last three quarterbacks MSU has faces have been of the more fleet of foot type, the difference?  Gray is more physical than all of them.  He is bigger and badder.  When I say badder, I mean his passing game.  It is abysmal, though has been improving throughout the season. Look for MSU to pressure all game long and for Gholston to build upon his 15 tackle game against Nebraska.

2: Running Game

MSU pretty much gave up on the running game against Nebraska.  Maybe not gave up on it, but kept on forcing passes.  Not sure why, the coaching staff thought they could beat Nebraska deep, but even I, a mild mannered blogger, realized we were not beating Nebraska deep.  MSU needs to POUND GREEN POUND.  If Minny is able to stop our running game we could be in for a closer game than anticipated.

3: Special Teams

Kind of an odd one right?  I am expecting a big game from out return team as well as our kicker.  MSU is going ti put points on the board.  To do so, it will be necessary to score on field goals.  There is no denying the offense has been less than inspiring, but I expect at least two field goals....Along with that, look for short field position.  Nick Hill has an excellent return game going against Nebraska.  I expect Nick to continue that.  With that, Minny's kicker is pretty bland.  After missing a 26 yarder at home last week, MSU could shut the Golden Gophers outs in Spartan Stadium. 

UM won 58-0.  I do not expect that kind of affair tomorrow.  Look for MSU to win 37-10.  Or something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment