Saturday, November 12, 2011

Quick and dirty

Just how I like my three things.

1:  Cousins.

Kirk needs to have a good game.  This Iowa defense isnt as good as years past but still is very capable of causing turnovers.  Kirk needs to not play like he did last year.

2: Stopping the run.

MSU  needs to stop the Iowa running backs from doing that.  Running.  This will force Iowa to pass more.  That might not be a good thing because McNutt is a sick sick receiver. 

3: Score points.

Our offense has been a bit off track.  It certainly didn't look spectacular against Minnesota.  We need to score points, a close game here and we could very well lose.  To score points, I see MSU taking advantage of their tight ends more than in any other game with a lot of passes up the middle.  Sims has a broken wrist and is playing with a cast on.  I sure hope he doenst play a lot becuase it cannot be easy to catch a ball like that.  Linthicum is more than capable of catching the  ball.  Along with that.  MSU has been saying all week that they are gonna pound the ball.  Look for that too, but mostly to set up play action passes.  If we can break a couple runs early, were gonna score on a 40 yard bomb later.

Prediction:

Everyone that I read, so mostly MSU bloggers are calling for a close game.  That seems very logical.  But that is something that I lack.  We will go 27-17.  That sounds close but I think MSU is going to control this game.  Look for Jerel Worthy to be in beast mode.  Also, as mentioned above, I like the play action set up in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment