Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wait Commit?

Jim Comparoni, on Twitter today, mentioned a little bit about 2012 football recruits.  The recruit in particular is Tevin Coleman.  He had visited MSU for the Wisconsin game. Which makes me want to list my top ten commits want list for the class of 2012.  Currently MSU has 14 commits and should settle in somewhere around 20.  So with about 6 scholarship spots left, here are the top 10 I would want to see going green.

1.  Adolphous Washington.  ESPN has him listed as high interest for us, along with Alabama and Ohio State.  Yikes.
2.  Monty Madaris.  Big bodied wide  with ball skills that would fit perfectly.
3.  Jordan Diamond.  All world offensive lineman, I bet he goes to Michigan.
4.  Jordan Diggs.  A safety with big time offers and MSU family ties.
5.  Kelby Latta.  A LARGE offensive lineman out of Michigan holding an offer from Wisconsin.  Be good to get an O lineman Wisconsin wants.
6.  William Mahone.  A bruising running back with speed to burn as well.
7.  Demetrious Cox.  An athlete out of Pennsylvania that would likely play safety,  Cox or Diggs would both be good gets.
8.  Bam Bradley.  Hard hitting defensive back.
9.  Darious Hamilton.  Big mean run stopper out of New Jersey.  I think we have a better chance of getting Jordan Diamond though...
10.  Derek David.  A good tackler with a large body already, would be a great run stopper.  But with our Tampa Two, he might need to learn to pass cover more. 
(all recruits listed have MSU as at least a medium interest on ESPN)

The top four I listed are the recruits I want MSU to get the most, in that order.  I think we will get two of those top four.  Namely, Madaris and Diggs.  However, Harlon Barnett has been recruiting Washington hard, is friends with his coach and a graduate of the same high school.  We might sneak in.  MSU needs offensive lineman, so getting Diamond and Latta would be great.  Latta looks to be a beast of a man.  Plus, I don't want Diamond going to UM.

Lets go to the Rose Bowl and wrap this recruiting class up. 

3 comments:

  1. 1. I'd be impressed if State landed Washington. I think he's OSU bound (unless they have sanction issues maybe?) He's maintained that he'd like to play with his buddy Standford (does he list MSU?) and OSU people seem to be very confident about him.

    2. I heard Madaris was a Sparty lean in the springtime. Don't you already have a lot of WR commits? Michigan needs some WR's but I haven't heard much at all about them pursuing Madaris (maybe he's just not interested in Michigan?)

    3. Diamond was supposedly a Michigan lean for quite awhile but things have cooled off there. It's hard to read his recruitment because his high school coach wants kids to wait until late to commit. (his teammate Christian Bryant committed to Michigan late in the process last year, he's redshirting as an OG) Seems like I hear less and less about him wrt Michigan so maybe that opens up the door for MSU? I thought he liked ND or Iowa or something.

    4. I've never heard of Jordan Diggs so he must not have been on Michigan's radar at all. Not a Midwest kid?

    5. Latta seems like a decent prospect but he has yet to earn the Big Ten offers. I think he's got Mac offers. Are you sure he has a Wisconsin offer?

    6. Mahone is out of Ohio? I thought he committed to Notre Dame? Still taking visits or something?

    7. Cox looks like a very good prospect. Nice offer list. He's from Jeannette Pennsylvania, I wonder if it's the same high school as Pryor?

    8. Bam Bradley. Awesome name. Trotwood Madison always has good talent.

    9. Don Boscoe has ridiculous talent. If MSU landed this kid I'd be stunned.

    10. Two first name alert. Offers from Alabama and Ohio State at MLB...Kid must be a stud.

    Should be interesting. I could see at least a couple of this group ending up in State's class.

    Michigan has some big recruiting news coming down tomorrow so I'll be sure to put up a post on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington went from having MSU listed as low to High. SO something might be going on. I dont know if hell go to the same school as Stanford. Stanford has MSU listed as low. Madaris is supposedly still a sparty lean. Hed have to commit soon though...Mahone is out of Ohio. Has not commited yet, he has Spartan ties as well somehow. ESPN lists Latta's offers as MSU UW and WMU and thats it. Mahone did commit to ND. I am an idiot. move him off the list! Cox and Diggs are both listed as safeties on every sight except ESPN where ESPN lists Cox as an athlete. Jordan Diggs is out of Florida. No way we get that Don Bosco kid. Weird he even has us as medium.

    When you say UM you mean their basketball program I assume...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats what we call stream of consiousness while eating breakfast and getting dressed for work folks. BLOGGER EXTRAORDINAIRE.

    ReplyDelete