Monday, January 2, 2012

Bowl

Quick and dirty style.  I have to work all day today so I will be missing the game, well, I will be watching it on DVR. 

1.  Edge speed.   This is where MSU can overwhelm just about every team in the county utilizing both Martin and Cunningham on the edge and deep on the sidelines with their speed. 

2: Defensive line.  The defensive line will need to get good push if MSU has any chance in this game. Think your a first round pick, Worthy?  Here is the chance to show it.  The Georgia offensive line will be the largest line weve played all year. 

3:  Controlling the ball.  I dont think we will win a shootout.  MSU needs to control the ball eat the clock and bleed Georgia dry.  I think we can win this game, but our running game will help assure that.  If we rack up 150 yards on the ground, we should win handily.  I am not sure who I see having a bigger game, Bell or Baker, more of a combo attack.  Caper could get in the mix as well with some screen passes and break a few loose. 

This is a tough game to call because I have only watch Georgia play one game and that was the SEC championship.  I dont think their second half was as good as they are.  I think they are more like that first half team.  MSU needs to get a jump early and see if things unravel quickly for the Bulldogs.  Cousins has been on a tear his last 6 games, keep that up and we win.  Turn the ball over early in possessions and give Georgia good field position we lose.  I am not happy about having to work since this matchup seems to be of two equal team.  Lets all it 31-24 MSU.  Close game throughout, one touchdown in the last few minutes gets us the lead and then our defense gets a huge stop to seal the game.


1 comment: