Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Recap and Quick Hits Week 2

A day late on this one,  I went to the Tigers Sox game in Chicago on Monday.  The game stunk but the people watching was spectacular.  I did not watch as much football as I did in the first week but I did manage to catch a few.

-OSU still did not really impress me, but Braxton continues to dominate.  The defense looks like it wants to give  up big plays at least once a game coupled with that is that no other player on offense is playing at near the level as Braxton.  Pat sent me an interesting email.  If OSU beats MSU this year, do they go undefeated? 

-How about them Beavers?  How about Wisconsin?  They are really showing how different they are at QB with O'Brien vs. Wilson.  Wilson's athleticism really opened up lanes for both Ball and and the Wisconsin receivers.  Plus now they have let go of their offensive line coach

-I saw a bits and pieces of the UCLA v. Nebraska game.  If I were to root for a team that was not MSU, it would be UCLA.  the Nebraska defense did not look from what I could see.  Why did I see so little of this game?  Well I was at Musky Fest and had a few barley pops. 

-The Michigan game I did manage to watch quite a bit of.  I have to admit I found myself cheering for Freedom.  I mean, who can't cheer for Freedom?  So what do I think about UM?  Well their defense looks really porous.  Both, lines, offensive and defensive are not playing as good as they did last year.  Funchess looks pretty legit.  Those runs from Robinson would have been useful against Alabama.  In hindsight, this was a trap game, but I think UM should have put this game to bed by the third quarter. And allowing over 400 yards of offense to Air Force has to be alarming.  I imagine their next game should serve as a big lift, especially when you look at what Indiana managed against UMass

-MSU played a pretty weak MAC team.  Though CMU did show some sings of life.  Their line, both defensive and offensive, played pretty well.  The CMU left? tackle looks like he could be an NFLer.  At the same time, MSU should not have let their lines look good.  Maxwell finished with no turnovers and spread the ball all over the field.  Bell had 17 carries and two touchdowns.  There is not a lot to say about this game other than it was needed before the game against Notre Dame.  Big confidence booster.  Especially for the wide receivers.. Fowler finished with 99 yards, Sims had a rumbling touch down and Arnett looks like he belongs while only having one catch. 

Overall, as the previous post mentions, the B1G does not look good right now.  A win against ND for the Spartans will help with the national media.  So will some dominating performances in the other games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment