Thursday, September 29, 2011

3 Things (Attending Game Edition)

I've made par on this hole, I promise.

1) Phase I: 8 til Noon - The Tailgate

I know the football game doesn't begin until noon, but the real sporting begins when I wake at about 6am.  A quick Meijer run to secure the tailgating essentials and then round up the rest of the crew at the hotel. (how lame is it that I'm now on old person who must stay in a hotel?) We will head down the UM golf course, pay our $30 fee and begin consumption.  Is there anything more glorious than a college football tailgate?  Ahhhh, I'm tingly.



2) Phase II:  Noon til 3 - Gametime

Oh yeah, there's a football game going on.  I'll be watching to see if Michigan's passing game can get on track, if the defense can shut down Minny's run game and whether or not we get to see some young guys (Devin Gardner puhlease) early in the 2nd half.  Also, it has been far too long since I've experienced the best wave in the world.  This game should provide ample opportunity for waveage.

Prediction: 33-16 Michigan


3) Phase III: 3 til Snooze - The Bar

With only one weekend in Ann Arbor, where is my time best spent?  This is going to be a major decision that will influence my entire experience.  In the afternoon I will need to be somewhere that will allow for more football to be watched on television and as night comes it's going to be about staying up and staying inebriated.  I'll be reminiscing on my lost college days and trying to recreate them with the powers of booze.  Dominick's will surely find it's way into the mix somewhere on this timeline, as will some spectacular Ann Arbor eats. 


Glory awaits me this weekend, for now I'm off to coach my 2-1 freshman squad to victory. 

The atmosphere won't quite be as awesome as the night game, but I'm pumped to head back to Michigan Stadium nonetheless.  Here's a little piece of what it was like just a few weeks ago.  Take it away Jack White.

2 comments:

  1. total UM mistake. real poor display of tailgating. going to Meijer in the morning? COMON MAN. learn the game: go there the day before. that way you dont waste any time in the morning, more time boozing, more time grilling, and none risk of Meijer being out of something. If youre not staying at a hotel with a fridge, then youre not an adult, or you plan to have a hooker visit you. amateur hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No man, that was Tina's plan but I think it's awful. We have 11 people coming, there's no way we can fit all the beer we will buy in a fridge. Plus we don't get into DTW until after 7pm. By the time we get our rental car and get checked in to the hotel it's going to be well past 8 and I'm going to be starving (and thirsty). The golf course doesn't open until 8am anyway, so I won't miss out any tailgating time. Don't tell my business sparty, I run thangs.

    ReplyDelete