Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Momma Tomato a Pappa Tomato and a Baby Tomato*

Sorry folks, I have a new job and it has been bananas!  Good thing I have a partner in crime to pick me up.  Were like Cabrera and Martinez.  (Im Cabrera, duh).  On the the new Uni's  I like them.  Let me go back, I dont hate them.  ESPN may have summed it up best, they look like a good uni for Baylor.  The gold is supposed to be bronze, like a shield.  I imagine they had to make it lighter to oppose the black a little better.  Maybe it will be more bonzey on TV.  I LOVE the gloves, the shoes are tight and the writing on the collar says "Molon Labe" which roughly means "come and get them" - King Leonidas roared this to the Persians.  Apparently we were a late entry into the Pro Combat Uni and it appears were kind of a copy of Oregon's from last year.  My biggest problem with that is that instead of incorporating our colors wholly, like other schools get, ours our changed.  To that, I think NIKE did that on purpose, as a F-U to the alumni for shooting down their new helmet idea.  

On to FAU.  We dominated them, they are not a very strong team however.  To compare, we one upped Florida's defense against FAU.  That has to be a good thing?  Maybe The Owls were still licking wounds from Florida. We held them to 48 yards of offense.  They were outmatched in every aspect of the game.  This is how I saw the Youngstown game going.  It is hard to really take anything from this game, obviously our defense can dominate - and if we are to win, the defensive line needs to dominate all future opponents.  Kirk Cousins looked great, Maxwell looked good, and BJ Cunningham made an impressive grab to become MSU's all time leader in receptions.  BJ might be the best receiver in the B1G. 

We will get a good test this coming week to see where we are as a team.....or will we?.... preview to come Friday!

*(if you dont get the title of the post, go rent Pulp Fiction)

1 comment:

  1. likely many grammar errors in this. wrote in a rush last night. will clean up later.

    ReplyDelete