Sunday, September 4, 2011

Crazy Saturday

(From the Detroit News) Look closely to find Zach Novak standing next to Mitch McGary.
I feel cheated.  I have been waiting so impatiently for the start of the football season for months on end and I don't even get to watch a full three quarters? Has anyone ever heard of a game being called like this?  I didn't even consider it a possibility until word came down that it was O-vah. 

 
So what did we learn? 

In all of five offensive possessions, Michigan scored three rushing touchdowns and punted twice on three and outs.  Western's defense is not stout, but I think the offense showed they are going to move the ball and put up points this season.

On defense, in eight Western possessions they managed a rushing touchdown, a missed field goal and a made field goal, three turnovers and two punts.  It wasn't a dominant defensive performance, but it also wasn't too bad after the first possession.  Once the pressure was dialed up Western was clearly overmatched.  It will be interesting to see if Michigan relies on blitz packages to get pressure on QB's going forward.

I liked the adjustments that were made at halftime.  I'm going to keep my eye on how Michigan performs coming out of the locker room to start the 2nd half throughout this season.

There is a lot to work on but a lot to be excited about as well.  Fitzgerald Toussaint may just be capable of being a featured back which is huge news.

I want more, can't wait for next weekend.  Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment