Monday, September 26, 2011

Central - MAC Recap.

Well Michigan State won, and won convincingly.  I have had a few discussions with Pat about this, mostly that it is hard to take away anything from a blow out win.  What can I say?

First, Micajah Reynolds and Fou Fonoti both looked good at their tackle positions.  Also, Travis Jackson looked good and earned praise from both the coaching staff and players.   This is where it is hard to draw any conclusions.  CMU is not a very good team.  So I would hope that these players looked good.

Le'veon Bell looked "good".  Why the parenthesis you ask?  I will tell you why!  He just does not impress me.  His largest run of the day he literally tripped and that managed to fool the defender.  For the amount of praise he gets from other blogs and bloggers (i am looking at you TOC community)  I expect some sort of Heisman candidate talk.  Yes he ran really well against CMU.  Get back to me after next week...

Dion Sims.  Hes a man.  A real man.  Throw him the damn ball.

I  cannot lie, winning by a large margin is nice.  This blog will likely never throw numbers at you to try to turn football into some sort of moneyballesque sight. (again I am looking at you TOC).  In all cases one team is better than the other, and sometimes a team gets lucky.  On Saturday, we were plainly a better team.

And I am really looking forward to playing Ohio State which I feel is a very winnable game against a solid defense and a disconnected offense.  This game will show a lot more of what the Spartans are made of.  

3-1.  Ohio State next week in a non-division league game. 

(See what i did in the title there?)

1 comment:

  1. did i mention my three things were spot on? who needs other blogs when you have pat and tbone?

    WHAMMY

    ReplyDelete