Thursday, September 22, 2011

News Roundup

Well here we are on Thursday and we have so much to catch up on that I will not have enough space!

First: Skylar Burkland is out for the season with a broken leg. This means Fou Fonoti is in at right tackle. To throw salt in the wound, Blake Treadwell  has a MCL and will miss this week, Travis Jackson is in at center, which might be a good thing. Jared McGaha, out with a MCL sprain as well, hell be until the UM game at least...Offensive line is looking thin boys, hold on to your butt cheeks!















Second: The ACC is expanding.  I don't really care about this except all the side stories.  My lady friend seems to think that Penn State is going to jump ship to the ACC soon as well.  I call bologna.  Everyone seems to think Notre Dame is going to jump ship to the ACC as well.  Also, Bologna.  (please discuss in the comments).  The Pac-12 is staying the same, I like this story after listening to the Pac-12 commissioner on ESPN yesterday.  He basically said they wanted to add Texas right now but the longhorn network prevents that since Texas will not share revenue on that, did I mention the longhorn network i s brought to you by ESPN?  So there was a certain level of snark in that interview. 

Third:  Dan Roushar took all the blame for MSU's loss to ND.  I can agree with that.  We were pulling some weird stuff, flea flickers, wild cat, off centered offensive lines.  As Joe O noted in the previous post.  Stick to what you know, throwing to BJ Cunningham and running.  Though I will state that with the offensive line injuries, I am not sure what will happen to the running game.  Were gonna need to shore up some mistakes quickly and keep things simple with this line.

Fourth: Who the hell does UM play?  Where is Pat?  I feel like i am playing one on one basketball only against my shadow.  No for real, who does UM play?  That is how little I care.  BOOM RIVALRY!!!!!!!!!!!!  O that's right it is San Diego State.  Nervous, Pat? 



(P.S.  I am about ready for MSU to get another football recruit and it better not be some three star. We need to get over the hump when it comes to ranked talent)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah the Aztecs.

    Penn State is not going to the ACC. They make mega loot in the Big Ten, they aren't going to leave for medium loot in the ACC.

    Notre Dame also is not going to the ACC. Why would the ACC be more attractive than the Big Ten? They would give up a bunch of their traditional rivals to play in a basketball conference with a bunch of mediocre football schools. Don't see that happening. ND is independent or in the Big Ten.

    The expansion talk is overrated. I don't think Pitt and Cuse to the ACC moves the needle at all. Unless Texas moves, the talk of 16 team super-conferences is premature.

    MSU is in trouble on the Oline. Luckily they play CMU and can likely gain some momentum and confidence for the fill ins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I did not say PSU was heading to the ACC. I said that IF ND was considering the ACC and that IF the ACC and SEC and Pac 12 went to a 16 team super conference, then PSU should consider it's options. I want PSU to stay in the Big 10 but I worry that if Texas moves, they're going to get left out of the "super conferance race". Maybe they should grab a good school now and expand to show they're serious and expand the footprint even further so the money is undeniable to a school like ND? If they just sit around and watch all the good schools get scooped up the Big 10 is going to be left with leftovers like Rutgers or WVU which doesnt help the conference at all.

    That being said, the longer ND drags this out, the better. I think the ACC wants to rush to 16 and might take schools like UConn or Rutgers instead of waiting for ND, which then leaves the Irish with only one real option, the Big 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notre Dame is going to remain independent unless they are forced by a new BCS deal that is much less kind to them.

    I have read this opinion a lot, that "the Big Ten will get left behind!" I wholeheartedly disagree. No one the ACC could add would allow them to generate per team revenue equivalent to that of the B1G. (I guess unless you are taking PSU out of the B1G and adding ND and PSU to the ACC)

    A 12 team B1G still has tons of value, even if the SEC and ACC are at 16 teams. There is no reason to add teams simply to add teams. My bold prediction is that the B1G will only expand again if that expansion includes Notre Dame. Rutgers is nonsense.

    The Big Ten holds a huge power position in all of this expansion because of the almighty dollar and how much revenue the BTN has created for it's member schools.

    I'm of the opinion that 16 team conferences are dumb. Maybe this is swaying my opinion, but I don't see the Pac 10 or B1G going to 16 anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete