Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa

So I hate writing this.  I just hate it and there is nothing I can do about it.  I will be out of town all weekend starting Thursday and ending Sunday.  Out of town you say?  Yes, at a wedding, on Saturday!  Who gets married on Saturday in the fall?  Whose the guy that lets his wife set that date?  Well I know who he is, he IS AN IDIOT.  UGH.  Obviously, this guy is not my friend, but is the fiance of my girl friends friend.  Still following?  O well, I have to go.

There will be little to no coverage on my end, I wont see the game, however I will DVR it and try to get a re cap up later in the week for it.  Right now I am gonna jump right into three things. 

The first two for me are easy for this game.  After last week - and seeing what happened to other ranked teams I feel pretty good.

1:  Offensive and Defensive Line Play. 
How are our offensive and defensive line going to play this game?  They were both underwhelming against the Penguins and will need to pick it up against the Owls.  Since FAU has played a game, MSU has something to quantify itself against.  FAU was held to one yard per carry last week - I would like to be around there .  Or at least get some QB sacks.  There are some changes.  Dan France OR Fou Fonoti are in at LT.  I think this is a good thing.  I have been big on Fou since the transfer, I think he will work out there in spite of getting most of reps at RT.

2: Line backer play.
 This will be quick,  Denicos Allen is the starter.  I have been raving about him.  Watch out!  Hes fast, he hits hard, and he was the only player last week to use his arms to wrap people up while tackling.  YAY.

3: Penalties. 
On one possession we had three penalties in a row.  That's unacceptable.  Mitchell White had a couple pass interference penalties and over all, penalties are bountiful.  MSU needs to stop that, we are a good team, but we need to stop unnecessary penalties.  Time to shore up everything before we travel to ND in week 3.

Those are my three things, two of them are from last week, but that's ok, considering how those two units were under performing in my opinion.  

Prediction: 38-10 MSU.  This one will not feel as close as the YSU game.  Late TD for FAU is how I feel.

(I hope I didn't get anything completely wrong, I wrote this pretty quickly.  O and also, go blue?  I hate ND. But every year this game is like uhhh can they tie?)

3 comments:

  1. The ultimate bird themed schedule:

    YSU Penguins
    FAU Owls
    Deleware Blue Hens
    Creighton BlueJays
    Ball State Cardinals
    Oregon Ducks
    Boston College Eagles
    Air Force Falcons
    South Carolina Gamecocks
    Kansas Jayhawks
    Saint Peters Peacocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. if we can count the stanford cardinal as the bird, and not the color?... thatd be a solid schedule.

    i like the saint peters peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, he went the Naval Academy and they dont really play football there, do they? My friend went to Appalachian State and they only play football when they're playing against UM. Haha! And judging from your hangover Sunday morning, I think you survived...and Sparty got a big win. It could have been worse, you could have been a PSU fan.

    ReplyDelete