Sunday, October 30, 2011

Not as I wished

well that game went about as opposite as I had hoped.  Cousins looked off.  The few pass plays that went well the offense completely abandoned.   The ones that didnt work?  We kept trying.  First down, bomb it 40 yards.  First down bomb it 40 yards.  I know Roushar said at the start of the year he wants to open it up more on first downs, but after a few trys you need to get away from that, or do it to set up a 10 yard slant.  Every play we went deep on, it was one guy going deep with no one else around to catch the eye of the safety, needless to say, double coverage galore!


(humiliations galore)

With that, our offense in general was anemic.  The ground game was sputtering, at times looking good, at times looking bad.  I cannot really say anything about the offensive line. I dont think our offensive line played all that bad.  They didnt have their best game either.  I think Nebraska did a fantastic job of plugging holes and getting to the ball carrier.  Some miss direction may have been a good idea.  I dont know.  Nebraska's D played like it was billed to start the year. But all I wanted was a peanut.  

(stop that rhyming I mean it!)

For the defense, I thought we played pretty good.  We held Nebraska to 24 points, which was about where I had hoped we would keep them if we were gonna win.  Unfortunately, I was wrong.  Nebraska won the field position game and was able to score in the first off of a pick returned thirty yards.  From there Burkhead took over for the 7-0 lead.  Of the 24 points scored, 10 of those came off drives of only 25 and 38 yards.  Thats a tough spot to put the defense in when the other teams defense (and offense, obviously) is strong.  By the time the third quarter rolled about, the D looked a bit tired.  We were bound to lose a game on this 4 game stretch.  I guess I wish it was to Wisconsin though so we didnt have that in division loss.  O well, we move on, Nebraska handily beat us.  Gotta win out now, and stop acthing like ROUS'

(i refuse to believe they exist)

6-2 (3-1)

No comments:

Post a Comment