Wednesday, October 5, 2011

TIGERS

MSU has a bye week before the um game.  So Pat will be handling most of the blogging duties when it comes to college sports.  While I will mostly be commenting on his posts and talking about the Tigers.  Yes, talking about the Tigers.  They play tomorrow in a decisive game 5, but I plan on talking about them longer.  Mostly because I do not plan on the Tigers losing this game. 

What went wrong in game 4?  A few things I suppose, off the top of my head, Curtis Granderson.  I used to belong to the Facebook group:  71% of Earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Curtis Granderson, and after watching that game you can see why.  Austin Jackson, you are great and all, but you were not Granderson, last night.  Tigers fans are gonna need some jaw dropping catches tomorrow-where applicable.  


What else you say?  Well I am not sure if  I should congratulate AJ Burnett, or scorn the Tiges hitters for swining into so many double plays.  (if i were a TBS announcer i would now type that AJ has the second best stuff in baseball behind JV.  no joke, they said that in the second inning.)  Instead, DAMN YOU TIGERS BATTERS FOR HITTING INTO SO MANY DOUBLE PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You want more?  I will give you more and you will like it!!!  Wilson Betemit.  YOU SUCKED.  Getting the lefty bat in the lineup was a good idea, in theory.  In practice it was a spectacular fail.  Sure, Inge is about the worst hitter on a playoff team but so far hes 3-6 against the yankees, and he knows how to play defense.  Ride the hot bat for game 5 please.  I think Inge will come up big.  He loves it.  


my projected game 5 lineup 1 - Fister. 2 - Avila. 3 - Cabrera. 4 - Razr Ramon. 5 - INGE. 6 - Jhony. 7 - Young. 8 - Ajax. 9 - Kelly.  DH - Vmart


Only changes/surprises are that I see Inge in for Betemit and Kelly will get the nod over Magglio.  Kelly has had good bat, and offers more speed both defensively and running the bases.  


Game 5 prediction: watch the game.  but like I said earlier, I expect the Tigers to win.  



2 comments:

  1. Um, Charles Woodson covers the rest, not Grandy. Let's get real here.

    It's going to be difficult for the Tigers to win a game 5 in NY. If Fister wins this game the deal made for him becomes a tremendous move by Dombrowski.

    You are right about double plays, they were killer.

    ReplyDelete