Sunday, October 16, 2011

Victory for MSU

We will make this both a game recap and a gloat post. If anything, Pat and I are good at predicting the outcomes of games.  Though we were slightly wrong.  Pat thought that running the football would mean it would open up the game for Kirk and Cuningham.  I have to say, I agreed with that coming into the game, boy were we wrong.  Instead, MSU just pounded it out on the ground.  Pound Green Pound, indeed.  With a 213 to 82  rushing advantage, both my goal of 150 yards and Pats prediction of averging over 5 ypc for MSU were true.  Edwin Baker looked the best he has all year.  This game was close in the first half, and could have swung in Michigan's favor if not for the stiffing defense.  Overall, Denard Robinson was 9-24 for 123 yards along with 18 rushes for 42 yards.  If any UM fan tries to say we do not have a dominate defense, you, plain and simple, should kill yourself because you're wasting Earth's resources by being alive.  Denicos Allen had a huge game, along with William Gholston.

(Gholston has beeng receving a lot of criticism from the little sisters and I would like to address that.  Reviewing the face punch, I do not see anything wrong with that.  Yes it is beyond dumb to do that, but when you're provoked, you react.  This is what you get when you grab a guy by the face, the pads and unnecessarily bring him to the ground.  On the head twist, I did not see any replays of that and will have to watch the tape later in the week to see.  Apparently, Gholston got a little over zealous on Denard and twisted his head in the pile.  That is just not acceptable, and I can see him being suspended if that is true.)

(Future All-American)
 
Overall, the MSU defensive line abused Michigans offensive line.  There was no answer for our blitzes and for our athleticism off the edge.  I heard child services was called into the Michigan locker room because of the abuse.

The UM d was solid, I will give them that.  I wont let Pat say that UM left points on the field, because for every touchdown UM left on the field, MSU left 10 points.  This is what defense is, it makes teams leave points on the field.  I think its about time the Mike Martin hype ends.


On Kirk Cousins.  His passing game was effective even with the lack luster stats.  There were three dropped passes that were in the hands of receivers.  One would have included about 30 yards after catch.  However, what Kirk did doe was attack the sides of the UM defense.  This lead to both MSU passing touchdowns.  There was little answer for Keyshawn Martin on the sideline.  In what looked like the same play on both Touchdowns, I don't think anyone saw them coming.  (all of MSU's offensive touchdowns were in front of my season tickets, whammy)

That was good game, and the father son, Michigan MSU combo sitting in front of me was enjoyable.

Four more years!

5-1 (2-0)


No comments:

Post a Comment